18 June 2008

Say Hello to My New Love

I don't know how I managed to miss three seasons of So You Think You Can Dance, but I regret every minute of my life I didn't watch this show. I am 100% hooked.

I'm not sure what captivated me so fiercely--maybe it's because I don't have a single rhythmically-inclined muscle in my body. All I know is, I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more SYTYCD (is there a more unwieldy nickname for a television show? I can't think of one). A show so powerful it made me not only like, but PURCHASE this song:

Jenny and I have spent the last three months avoiding this song at all costs. Until last week, I could not respond to this song with anything other than white-hot hate. But 90 seconds with Katee and Josh melted this cold, cold heart. Tonight, I bought another song featured on SYTYCD, a catchy 80s-pop throwback by the Veronicas which Jenny said makes her "want to run in place." In a good way.

Now every Wednesday night we find ourselves saying things like "Mandy Moore's choreography was a lot stronger on the contemporary dance" and "I'm bummed Napoleon and Tabitha didn't choreograph anything for this week" and "Look at her lines!" We laugh, get chills, make fun of Mary Murphy's outrageous commentary, and cry (I'm not even ashamed). I defy you to watch Twitch and Kherrington dance the Viennese Waltz, inspired by their choreographer's handicapped daughter, with dry eyes. Jean-Marc dans la maison!

10 comments:

jenny said...

Hahaha Jean-Marc dans la maison! It even makes us brush up on our français! J'adore SYTYCD!

jenny said...

PS- Totally ran in place in my room to that song for like 10 straight minutes. It can't be beat.

Jen said...

Jean-Marc in the house!!!! I left your house like barely 2 hours ago and this post is already up. I'm so proud of you!

bradget said...

excellent bloggie, I was so going to do a blog on SYTYCD! I'm glad you are hooked and no longer think I'm crazy for loving it, fills the idol void huh? the only bad thing about the show is it's laborious title - it makes it really hard to text (which is the most important thing in life).

Clay and Katy said...

probably the best show on tv...and i think i have watched that dance about 10 times and still get chills!!!

Anonymous said...

Boooo ... so, you think you can come up with a better show?

Becoming Supersonic said...

Wow, those were some really cool moves...and I agree didn't like that song until I saw that video.

ww said...

You "don't have a single rhythmically-inclined muscle in your body?" I seem to remember someone turning it up, turning it up, turning it upside down.

Kate and Robbie said...

They totally stole "2Gether" s dance move. Like a butt load...and I know what a butt load is...

Stephanie said...

Just another reminder as to WHY I like you SO MUCH.