07 December 2008

Thoughts

I know it's a holiday classic, but is anyone else sort of creeped out by Baby it's Cold Outside? Take a minute to really listen to the lyrics. He's preventing her from contacting her family, keeping her away from the neighbors, and possibly slipping her a roofie (hey, what's in this drink?) Any song that contains the lyric "if you caught pneumonia and died" doesn't scream Christmas to me. I can just picture some serial killer lip-synching this song to his handcuffed victim by the eerie light of a Christmas tree.

7 comments:

bradget said...

This is Brad. Super funny blog. We were watching elf the other day and all I could think about what what a dirty song that was. Its about as far away from Christ as a burlesque house. Its just a creepy dude trying to get laid. :)

ww said...

Don't ruin it for me. It's how Jeff proposed.

Paige said...

Yeah, I always think date-rape when I hear it...sorry, ww -- no offense to you and Jeff. I just can't get over how he uses all the arguments they put on those "How to Say No to Peer Pressure" worksheets in Sex Ed.

banananutmeg said...

No surprise this was the song chosen for the scene in ELF when Buddy spies on the girl in the shower.

jenny said...

Hahah good blog. Solid commentary. I agree with Paige.

"I ought to say no, no, no, sir - Mind if I move a little closer "

Really?

Anonymous said...

Roofies = Common term for a drug used to render victims unconscious or incapacitated; typically used by males from college fraternities to rape female(or possibly male) victims because they, the frat kids, can't any poontang any other way due to their lack of basic social skills, idiocy or missing chromosomes.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=roofies

Becoming Supersonic said...

Good grief! That song will never be the same!