10 December 2008

This week, 2, Kristin, 0

Today was my first Relief Society book club meeting. You may remember this book club from my post about how 33 people signed up. I got off of work at 12:00 today, and for once I made good use of my flex day. I spent the majority of the afternoon cleaning the apartment and baking delicious treats in anticipation of book club:
Chocolate white-chocolate chunk cookies, peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, chocolate covered strawberries, chocolate mint chip cookies, and gingersnaps. All homemade, from scratch.

This is the apartment before book club:

And this is the apartment during book club:

That's right. After 33 people signing up, and making announcements every week in Relief Society, and sending reminder emails, and spending five hours baking, not a single person came. Does anyone want four dozen cookies?

15 comments:

banananutmeg said...

fo' realz?!
Lame.

ashley said...

People suck!

jenny said...

People suck. I almost shed a literal physical tear looking at this.

Paige said...

Ohh, this is so sad. Everything looks so good, too.

bradget said...

I feel your pain... although I never had 33 promise to come. And you picked such an easy/good book! I would have been there!

PS - mail me those strawberries they look delish!

ww said...

You get your little goodie-preparing tush, and goodies, down here and we'll read some Dr. Seuss with the kids. Let us take all your cares away.

Joel and Sara said...

Your apartment is cute! I am sad for you. I have also experienced similar disappointments. They are all fools.

laurie said...

I wonder if that ever happened to Martha? Somehow, she never mentions this dirty little secret about "entertaining"...guests can very often be inconsiderate boobs! A pox on all of them! Can't wait for you to be hanging out with family.

brookie said...

This post makes me so sad, sees! Your ward sucks. I second Wendy's idea. And I think you should freeze the treats and bring em to TEXAS in 9 days. NINE DAYS!! ps. im sure they were delish! And the apartment looks so festive and cute!

Becoming Supersonic said...

Oh man! That stinks! So sorry, but the apartment and the goodies look fantastic. I'll take some off your hands if you're willing to ship. :)

Tod said...

This post was very depressing.

Zach and Kara said...

Jeez, that blows. I wish I could have eaten the treats for you...and discussed...law books? That's all I've read lately. We need to get together and go see Kyle and Lesley...early in January maybe?

Jeff J. said...

This comment is off-topic, but I just wanted to register my disapproval that Gremlins is not included in category 3 of the Christmas movie post. That is all.

Annalise said...

Oh man, that sucks!

bradget said...

Seriously pretty funny. I mean now its pretty funny. At the time I'm sure you felt a little dejected and angry. good times.

-Brad