26 March 2008

Mean Girls + The Office = Miss Guided


Given the serious lack of anything new on tv and some extra free time on my hands, I decided to waste my time giving Judy Greer's new show a chance. I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised. Judy Greer is a lot funnier as a leading lady than she was as, say, the bad girl in 13 Going on 30. She also has great hair and a too-cute-to-be-a-guidance-counselor wardrobe. Chris Parnell's self-absorbed and clueless vice principal act is hilarious, even if it is a total rip-off of Michael Scott. He's got great comedic timing. My favorite line comes from him discussing a female student's nose job that regrettably ended up the butt of the school gossip blog's jokes:


"Good for her, plastic surgery is chicken soup for the face. She should know better, though, getting a nose job during the school year. That's the sort of thing you leave for summer vacation. It's like they don't even watch the Hills"


Catch up on Abc.com


(I'm talking to you, Bridget)

3 comments:

jenny said...

Woah Chris Parnell and Judy Greer. Why did I not know this? I LOVE THEM. Oh man. I need to catch up. Chicken soup for the face. It sounds like something I'd say! I'm starting.

bradget said...

holy crap! I've never even heard of this show! Where have a I been? I was going to come visit you tonight while Brad has boys poker night but I think I'll be catching up on this show instead :)

ww said...

I too will watch while it's actually in season. I can't let another Arrested D happen to me.