08 December 2007

Families... Those are the best

No offense to any of you who aren't in it, but my family is the best family ever. I took a quick trip down to Texas this weekend to celebrate Brooke's birthday (I also would have gone to celebrate fall or Tuesday, if you're wondering, as one of Plano's greatest qualities is that it's not Provo). A few observations from this weekend:

My family will find any reason at all to eat out. I've been here since Thursday morning and have not eaten one home-cooked meal. Side note, Tupinamba's has the fastest service of any restaurant in the world. Maybe they can just sense Willardsons when we pull in to the parking lot, but the speed at which our food is ready is almost disconcerting.

Matt, like Jenny before him, has used sophomore year to make the leap into being funny. Tonight I asked him what he thinks he'll major in at school, and he said "Awesomeness. That way I'm sure to get an A." He's also officially taller than me.

I cannot WAIT for Tyler to move to Utah. On Thursday I told him some story about Jenny being Jenny, to which he replied "We need to cancel her subscription to Sassy Magazine." We also had a great time poking fun at a certain pregnant woman who likes to remind people she's pregnant by asking completely irrelevant questions like, Is it okay for pregnant women to eat pepperoni? Tyler's best: Is it okay for pregnant ladies to make right turns?

All in all, a fantastic weekend, and it helped cure me of the Bummed to Be Away From Home at Christmas blues. I guess I can handle Christmas in the O.C.

7 comments:

ashley said...

I was just in Texas! I wish we were there at the same time. I do love your family :)

Clay and Katy said...

Your family does sound really cool :)

Jackie said...

I agree, growing up I thought your family was the epitome of what families should be like.

I'm excited for this year since my family will head up here for the holidays. It's kind of weird... I miss them more now than I did in undergrad.

Becoming Supersonic said...

Sounds like a pretty kick-a time to me. Glad you had a fun weekend.

bradget said...

matt is taller than you?! there is something wrong with that. He should still be five years old! By the way... I know I'm a little behind, but I got sucked in to Heroes over the weekend, I'm almost done with S1. I'm definately a fan of Mohinder... what a dream boat :)

Annalise said...

I wish I was an orphan and your family would adopt me.

Just kidding, I guess my family is cool too.

Katie said...

Hey K-town!!! So i just told Jenny that i had the craziest dream with you guys, it was so funny!!!