04 November 2008

Musings

*I have literally had the hiccups six different times today, each time for about twenty minutes. That's TWO HOURS of hiccups. I am one hiccup away from ripping out my diaphragm and running over it with my car.

*With all the gigabytes and tv tuners and media centers in this apartment, we can't get a single channel to work. So Jenny, Kristi and I have been crowded around CNN.com hitting "refresh" to keep up with the election coverage. Lame.

*Does anyone else feel that the actual election day is a little anti-climatic? I feel like I should have woken up to the national anthem, driven to work amid frantic pollsters getting out the vote, and walked by at least one person in a red, white and blue Uncle Sam gettup. Maybe it's because almost everyone I know (myself included) voted early this year. Today felt decidedly ordinary. Although I was impressed to see more "I VOTED" stickers than I can remember in years past.

*Seriously, with the hiccups. Can you punch yourself in the stomach?

*This is why I don't blog anymore.

5 comments:

banananutmeg said...

ok, go cover a cup of water with a paper towel, then lean forward and drink it upside down. Or try holding your breath and swallowing three times. Both methods will help solve the hiccup problem. Also, um...be sure Jenny gets video footage of you doing this, so we can laugh at you later.

bradget said...

I agree with you on voting day. It does seem anticlimatic! We should have gotten the day off work, it seems like it should have been a national holiday or something.

Annalise said...

"I am one hiccup away from ripping out my diaphragm and running over it with my car."

Sentences like this one are exactly why you HAVE to keep blogging. So funny!

jenny said...

ill punch you.. if it will help

chickadee3357 said...

I agree with Annalise and I have probably hiccupped for a whole days worth in a matter of a few monthes. I feel your pain.