08 September 2008

Replay

I have been a blogcrastinator. It's been a busy summer, and I admit my blogging has suffered both in quantity and quality. But in an effort to make it up to my loyal readers, which may no longer exist, at least the "loyal" part, I present to you Summer Blog Catch Up '08. Or, more accurately, July - August Catch Up '08.


First up, Fourth of July in Sandy with Adam's family. In grand Adam-Kristin tradition, we failed to take even one picture of us together, but did manage to capture about 40 of these fireworks/8th grade field trip to the Science Place shots:

Next up, a little American Idol love with my girls Jen and Jessie:

Where I got to experience the Kristi Lee Cook power stance firsthand. Glad to see Kristi's inexplicable fashion sense carried over to the summer tour.Additionally, it took my poor ears about three days to recover from the deafening roar that greeted David Archuleta. I took video so I could show you all just how ridiculous the screaming was, but you can pretty much get the picture by imagining "Ahhhhhh!!!AHHHHHHHhhhhhHHH!!DAVID!AHHHHHhhhhhILOVEYOUahhhhHHHH" for six straight minutes.

Then came Willardson BalboaFest 2008.

Balboa was a much more eventful trip than my camera's memory card (empty) suggests. It started off with a bang on Monday morning when an unfortunate slip aboard the Western Pride resulted in a broken left hand, as my more observant readers may have deduced from one of my two July posts. Too embarrassed to admit I was seriously injured, I toughed it out and caught seven sand bass with a broken hand. Around Thursday I started losing feeling in my fingertips and finally went to see a doctor who fitted me for a temporary cast. Which made it pretty difficult to wear this on the appropriate finger:Yes, that's right Wendy, Adam and I are engaged. Finally (heavy sarcasm). In all seriousness, though, I'm really happy. PS, this picture doesn't do justice to my gorgeous ring. Turns out it's pretty hard to get a good close-up of a diamond. I gave up after about four tries. You really just have to see it in person.

After California came Hawaii, which was pretty unbelievable. We spent lots of time with family, visited as many beaches as possible along the north shore of O'ahu, and overloaded (wait, not possible) on pina coladas. Mmmm pina coladas. I took so many pictures I think blogger would crash if I tried to upload them all. So here are a few of my faves.








Anyway, it's pretty clear I started out strong on this post and lost steam around Balboa. Uploading 33 Hawaii pictures is probably a cop-out, but at least it's something, right? Here's to more consistent blogging in September!

9 comments:

Joel and Sara said...

You are engaged?! Yeah. That's awesome. This is Sara. I read your blog because you are funny and sarcastic. I didn't know if you knew I read it. Anyways. Thats all.

ashley said...

While reading this post I could taste the pina coladas (at least the ones Adam makes us). I miss you.

PS-you have the cutest niece and nephew...adorable.

laurie said...

My heart skipped a beat, watching that video of Jeff's cliff dive! Thanks for the reminder of our wonderful week in paradise. Your ring is gorgeous and, NO, the photo doesn't do it justice! We are soooooooo excited that you and Adam are engaged. Im still laughing at Matt's attempt to eat poi.

mdogwillypants said...

Ryan's video ROCCCCKKKKKSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

Zach and Kara said...

Um, is that your big news? I KNOW it is, but can we please talk it over over lunch or something? I'd love to hear all about it! Let me know when we can do lunch. Congrats!!! I am so excited for you!!!

Becoming Supersonic said...

Way to go big blogger! I'm so proud you blogged, and what a good blog it was! Looks like a kick-a summer!

ww said...

OK seriously. Robot Ryan video - I have died and gone to heaven. So PRECIOUS!!! I watched it over and over, just to hear him say, "No. Busy is my mom." He gets it.

Love the pictures, love the summary, love you. Get down here for Halloween.

birdbabies said...

CONGRATS!!!!! You're engaged....that's awesome!!!! i'm excited for ya! tell your family hi for me.
---Lisa(boyle)

laurie said...

After wathcing Ryan's "What is the password?" game for the zillionth time, I again impressed at how well he can work the room!