02 February 2008

Payback

Lately I've been doing little things to let Winter know it's no longer welcome here. Wearing capri pants, watching baseball movies, singing "Summer Girls" to myself as I scrape the snow off the acura each morning, charting the time of the sunrise and sunset every day in anticipation of the evening it's not dark outside when I leave work.

Today I was giving Winter the finger, driving home from the gym with my sunroof open. As I went to take a sip of my water, Winter decided to show me who's boss, sucking the bottle right out of my hands and through the open window. But not before dumping half of the one-liter bottle on my face. Touche.

3 comments:

Annalise said...

Hahaha. Oh man, you have the funniest stuff happen to you.

ashley said...

OH MY GOSH....you are the coolest person I know. I just read the whole post to my co-worker. Classic!

Karen said...

You know....the weather here in your home town has been, for the most part, quite temperate. For example, yesterday I wore capri pants. Not to protest winter, but because it was actually warm and sunny. Granted, by the end of the day I was freezing my patootie off because that winter storm front blew through, but today that awesome weather is back!

You could move home! To steal a line from a favorite movie (Happy Gilmore)...."Why you don't you just go home? That's your HOME! Are you too good for your home?"

Sorry to rub it in, sweetie. You know I'm just playin', right?