18 January 2008

Til Death Do Us Part

I had a voicemail the other day from a man who wanted me to "pull" his divorce file so the judge wouldn't sign it. Apparently he and his wife have reconciled. I called him back to explain that, while I'd be happy to hold on to his file for a few days, we need something in writing that formally dismisses the case.

"Oh. I gotta fill out a form?"

"Yes, we need something to put in the file."

....thoughtful grunt...

"We have a generic Motion and Order of Dismissal on our website. It's free, you just download it and fill in the blanks"

...more grunting...."Ne'ermind"

4 comments:

ww said...

That form is what's kept your brother and me together for so long. And they say people in Provolone are weirdos...

jenny said...

I like your blog. Tell me more about the Zabreski file.

ww said...

would you write something else already? like about how cool i am?

Unknown said...

ok first off....so many things to say.
1)love the blog look...so pottery barn
2) love the naked chef...i've recently contracted bronchitis and found a few eps on late at night...his voice is almost illegally hot
3)i miss you guys!
4) i'm glad your job is still entertaining!!!