30 January 2008

The downside of working for Geek Squad

After seeing a clip of Raising Arizona on Scene It! a few weeks ago, we've been wanting to watch it. Jenny and I were in Best Buy the other day and noticed a few copies. I was about to buy it, but chose, wisely I think, to invest in $4.99 copies of Tommy Boy, Feriss Bueller's Day Off, and Win a Date with Tad Hamilton instead.

Tonight Adam told me he wanted to buy it, but their "internal inventory control system" says that Best Buy doesn't even carry the movie. "Huh," I said, "that's weird. Jenny and I saw at least three copies there on Friday."

I wont transcript the next 15 minutes, which involved an extensive discussion about the possibilities of me picking up a different, similarly titled movie, mistaking a different store for Best Buy, or just being crazy. My boyfriend trusts computers more than me.

2 comments:

Annalise said...

Raising Arizona is one of the funniest movies ever. I highly recommend you go back to Best Buy, buy it, and then rub it in Adam's face.

ashley said...

I can totally picture you guys having this conversation. They sell it on BestBuy.com, I just looked.